Report to: Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Partners
- General accounting. This includes the monthly close process and general ledger maintenance.
- Budgeting and forecasting. This can be customized as needed to specific departments or projects.
- Reporting and analytics. This often calls for the development of dashboards displaying key performance metrics that the client’s management team can see. Ability to use Excel as a tool for analytics as part of this process. Assist in preparation of monthly and yearly compilations for assigned clients. Assist with special accounting related projects under direct supervision.
- Technology services. Helping clients and prospective clients choose the right software and tweaking the applications so that they integrate well with one another. Training clients and staff on how to use the applications.
- Payroll. This process makes sure the client pays its employees according to the governing laws and that payroll taxes and corresponding reports are filed and paid timely. For clients for which we process payroll the responsibilities will include collecting and summarizing timekeeping information, obtaining supervisory approval of time card discrepancies, obtain overtime approvals, calculate commissions, process garnishment requests, process and reconcile employee advances and paybacks, process and close periodic payrolls, issue paychecks and process direct deposit payments, calculate and deposit payroll taxes, process and issue annual W-2 forms to employees, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll returns prepared for governing bodies.
Other Areas of Concentration
- Developing accounting knowledge as it pertains to general accounting responsibilities
- Developing basic tax knowledge as pertains to general accounting responsibilities
- Developing proper workpaper documentation and skills
- Concentrating on efficiency and organizational abilities
- Gaining knowledge of file organization and processes
- Gaining knowledge of various software packages
- Proficient in QuickBooks Desktop and Online, Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 3 years of verifiable work experience in the areas of responsibility
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to perform responsibilities by due dates assigned