A Stark County medical office is looking for full-time Certified Professional Coder.
Responsible for timely and accurately coding office, radiology, procedure, lab, delivery and surgical encounters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes chart for coding of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
- Reviews and verifies that documentation supports diagnoses, procedures and treatment.
- Assigns codes for reimbursements.
- Analyzes medical records and identifies documentation deficiencies.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors.
- Serves as resource to providers and other billing staff.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Professional Coding Certification and Experience with ICD-10 required. OB/GYN experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Articulate communication skills and excellent organizational skills. Computer knowledge, e. g., Microsoft Office.
- Accuracy and detail orientation with high level of productivity.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]. No telephone calls or faxes will be accepted.