Reports to: Remote Team Leadership
Salary Range: Based upon experience
The IT Help Desk Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of IT support requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology including workstations, servers, printers, networks, VPNs, Active Directory, Office 365, Application support and numerous other possibilities.
- Assist clients via IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Assist clients via IT support relating to technical issues involving WAN and LAN connectivity, firewalls and VPN connectivity.
- Assist clients via IT support relating to technical issues involving their particular line of business software
- Accurately follow procedures for new user setups, new PC provisions, account creations and other required user support
- Professionally communicate with clients as required such as keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, updates to their service requests and other relevant updates.
- Working understanding of Active Directory and permissions related to user security
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent phone communication skills necessary.
- Ability to multitask support requests.
- Ability to work in a high pressure team environment effectively.
- Willingness to escalate service requests that require additional support.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experienced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Good Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills / problem solving of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to complete tasks while maintaining a high level of detail
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 2 Years + of IT support experiences required
- A+, N+ , MSP type IT Certifications desirable
- Microsoft certifications within our tech stack desirable such as MS Windows and MS Server
Only local candidates need apply. Work from home is not available. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.